TravelPass Group is seeking a highly motivated, versatile, Data Engineer to join our Business Analytics department. In this role, you will work with marketing, IT, product management, and creative departments to take in business and design requirements with the goal of creating the pipelines needed to deliver insights to the right people at the right time. If you enjoy the challenge of massive data sets and have a passion for structure, this is the job for you.
You will be expected to be able to work independently as part of a high-caliber team in a fast-paced company. This position is ideal for an intelligent, motivated, and highly capable leader and self-starter looking to other analysts and SME in the continued success of the business.
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 1 year of experience as a data engineer or application developer
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Linux architecture and scripting
- Strong knowledge and experience with ETL process design and administration
- Deep understanding of data warehousing theory, design, and architectural principles
- Passionate about optimization and speed of processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field or quantitative discipline
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of statistical models and machine learning
- Experience with various AWS modules
- Experience with handling unstructured data sources
- Experience with MPP technologies
- Experience working with real-time systems
- Business Strategy coursework, certifications, and / or industry experience
- Graduate Degree in business related field or quantitative discipline
TravelPass Group is quickly becoming a leading company in the travel industry with more than 10,000 room nights booked per day and annual sales reaching more than $400 million. TravelPass Group is recognized among Utah’s fastest growing companies and as a leading partner for Expedia and Priceline.